Publicado em Sound+vision com adaptações.
Arcade Fire, Black Lips, Fleet Foxes, Neon Indian, Patti Smith, Lykke Li, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Natalie Portman, Rooney Mara, and more
Olha o "Morrison" em palco outra vez..."
O site Pitchfork apresentou uma notícia sobre a rodagem do “filme-mistério” queTerrence Malick está a rodar em Austin, no Texas, e que terá a música (pop/rock, entenda-se) no centro das atenções. Segundo refere o site, a atriz Rooney Mara tinha já surgido em palco durante uma atuação Black Lips durante o festival Austin City Limits. Depois foi a vez de Val Kilmer fazer o mesmo durante o Fun Fun Fun Fest. Diz a Pitchfork que estas atuações terão sido filmadas por Malick para um filme novo, ainda sem título, que, segundo o IMDB, se centrará em volta da cena musical desta cidade texana.
Este é um dos quatro projetos recentes aos quais está ligado o nome do realizador. Recorde-se ainda que o seu mais recente To The Wonder, sucessor de A Árvore da Vida, passou na edição deste ano do Festival de Veneza e, até agora (e apesar de comprado por um distribuidor local) ainda não tem data de lançamento prevista para Portugal, sendo quase certo que só deverá acontecer em 2013.
Na Pitchfork há mais informação:
Here's what we know so far:
- Per IMDB: "Two intersecting love triangles. Obsession and betrayal set against the music scene in Austin, Texas."
- The film stars Christian Bale, Natalie Portman, Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Cate Blanchett, Michael Fassbender, Holly Hunter, and Skyfall Bond girl Bérénice Marlohe.
- Val Kilmer hasn't been confirmed, though his appearance with the Black Lips at Fun Fun Fun would imply as much.
- Benicio Del Toro is also rumored to be in the film.
The musicians who may or may not appear in the film:
- The Black Lips, joined on stage by Mara and Kilmer.
- Alan Palomo of Neon Indian reportedly shot scenes for the film
- Fleet Foxes, who were joined by Christan Bale on bongos at last year's Austin City Limits
- Arcade Fire and Iron & Wine, who were also reportedly filmed at last year's Austin City Limits
- Die Antwoord, who were on stage at this year's Austin City Limits while Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender reportedly shot a scene for the film.
- Portman was also spotted at Iggy and the Stooges' set at this year's ACL.
- YACHT and Big Freedia, who were filmed at last year's Fun Fun Fun Fest.
-You can see Gosling and Mara hanging in the background in this "behind the scenes" video for Lykke Li's episode of PBS' "Austin City Limits" TV show.
- Patti Smith, who allegedly serenaded Mara during a recent Austin show.
- Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine was spotted with Gosling and Mara at this year's ACL.
- Tegan and Sara, who played the set immediately following.
- Fun Fun Fun Fest 2011 and 2012.
- Austin City Limits 2011 and 2012.
- SXSW 2012 (Palomo shot scenes there with Mara).
- Various concerts around Austin.
- The reports from festivals and live shows probably won't end here. The lead actors are still being spotted around Austin.
- Malick may be filming now, but don't expect to see it any time soon. He's a notoriously slow director: the length of time between Days of Heaven and its follow-up, The Thin Red Line, was 20 years.
- Malick is also at work on another film called Knight of Cups. Bale, Blanchett, Hunter, and Portman also star in that film, which is about "a man, temptations, celebrity, and excess," according to IMDB. Perhaps it's just a casting coincidence, but there's speculation that the two films are linked somehow.
- The non-musical plot point, the one about love triangles? That's pretty much confirmed by the dozens of tabloid reports showing the various actors making out in different Austin locations. Oh look, here's one from Perez Hilton!
Here's Kilmer performing with the Black Lips, while Mara plays guitar on the side of the stage: