quarta-feira, 3 de março de 2010

John Cale rules out Velvet Underground reunion shows


He says: 'it's not something that I can see happening'



John Cale has ruled out the possibility of being involved in any Velvet Underground reunion shows.Talking to the BBC, Cale admitted that he wasn't interested in reforming the band."It's not something that I can see happening on the basis of the past," he explained. "Anyone who wants to reform The Velvet Underground for a series of concerts, to make some money, I understand that, but you can't do that." He added: "We don't have Sterling [Morrison] any more. If I said that was something I was intrigued by, people would think I was cynical."About to play his 1973 album, 'Paris 1919' at London's South Bank on Friday (March 5), the influential group's co-founder revealed that he only keeps in touch with the band's remaining members for business reasons."I haven't spoken to Lou [Reed] in a long time, but we're in touch because of business," he explained. "There's no communal effort to enjoy each other's company any more."As previously reported, The Velvet Underground's Lou Reed, Moe Tucker and Doug Yule took part in a Q&A in New York last December.
in: http://www.nme.com/news/the-velvet-underground/50026

Sem comentários: