domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008

The Divine Comedy - Eye of the Needle (live from Portsmouth)

Well... I just feel a little naked when I show you the songs from Regeneration. They are printed in my soul, so you better Close your eyes and listen to this song.

From the same album of "Beauty regime", Regeneration, my and my brother's favourite album of Divine Comedy! We surely recommend.
Lyrics of Eye of the Needle
They say that you'll hear him
if you're really listening
And pray for that feeling of grace
But that's what I'm doing,
why doesn't he answer?
I've prayed 'til I'm blue in the face
The cars in the churchyard are shiny and German
Distinctly at odds with the theme of the sermon
And during communion
I study the people
Threading themselves through the eye of the needle
I know that it's wrong for
the faithful to seek it
But sometimes I long for a sign,
anything
Something to wake up
the whole congregation
And finally make up my mind
The cars in the churchyard are shiny and German
Completely at odds
with the theme of the sermon
And all through communion
I stare at the people
Squeezing themselves through
the eye of the needle

Sem comentários: